The recipe for this great coffee-based soap I have found on Henryhappened blog and there are some great reasons why you should try it. The first benefit is redustion of cellulite and the second one is beautiful tan that you get.
¼ cup cocoa butter
¼ cup coffee infused coconut oil
1 tablespoon beeswax
½ teaspoon cocoa powder
½ teaspoon cornstarch
pinch of cinnamon
1. Using a double broiler on low heat, melt the cocoa butter, coconut oil and beeswax together.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder, cornstarch and cinnamon.
3. Pour melted butter into a mold, muffin tin or even ice cube tray.
4. Let mixture cool until hardened.
5. Pop out the bars and store in a tin or jar.
6. Should last 6 months to 1 year.
To infuse the oil, use 1 cup coconut oil and about 1/4 cup fresh ground coffee. Just be sure to strain the oil through cheesecloth while it’s still liquid to remove all of the coffee grounds. Coconut oil is awesome for stretch marks and caffeine reduces the appearance of cellulite so feel free to immediately start slathering yourself all over.
But if you can hold off long enough to make the lotion bars, you’ll be rewarded with a really soft lotion bar that smells out of this world. We put in just enough beeswax so the bar wouldn’t melt but would still stay soft and easy to apply. Plus it leaves a nice hint of color!